Wednesday 12 December 2012

portfolio writing

I'm off to university in September and I've applied to London Met twice, Northampton, De Montfort and University for the Creative Arts to do either fashion marketing, fashion marketing and journalism, fashion buying with marketing and also fashion journalism.
Two of the uni's are asking for a portfolio. I am so unsure of how to begin.
I have planned to photograph outfits I've styled which follow recent fashion trends, maybe a few screenshots of my blog, possibly some drawings of designs and photocopies of my Art&Design sketchbooks from the past 4 years. I really don't know if this is the right way to approach it.
Luckily for UCA I have 6 weeks to piece together a portfolio for my 2 HOUR interview ahhhh.
London Met also emailed me earlier about the fashion marketing and journalism course, asking me to write a 200 word article on an event which has happened recently in my local area which affected people. Major panicked when I read it, but with the help of my sister I have written about the Jubilee. I had to force myself to remember all of the techniques which I learnt during GCSE English Language and I really hope it's paid off

Wish me luck x

1 comment:

  1. Just having a browse on your blog and saw 'Northampton' and just HAD to comment! I couldn't recommend you not to go to northampton more, I live there and it's just awful! Haha sorry for the negativity!
    I've also applied to to fashion marketing courses so that's cool :)
    Lovely blog! Following on GFC :)
    xx

    girlwithclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete