Wednesday 2 January 2013

2012 moving on


Christmas and New Year are over (sadly) and it's back to normality. I'm going to put down the chocolate box and the cheese board and go back to my usual diet (well I'll try too!). 2012 was a big year; a lot of things happened which changed how I view my life; I had a lot of tears and heartache over family things; and I also had the craziest and funniest times with my best friends.

During the spring/summer of 2012, my style was, well let's say, "indie" and "grunge". I hate defining what I used to wear into a category but basically that's how other people viewed it. I wore some strange outfits and clothing pieces which I do sort of cringe at now, but at the time I did like how I dressed. Most of my clothes cost under £4 from eBay or charity shops and so I ended up filling 2 wardrobes and a chest-of-drawers and my floor with items! Going back to sixth form in September after a summer of wearing denim shorts and t shirts I realised that I needed to change my style. After looking into studying Fashion Marketing at uni, I decided that I needed to dress more with trends and 'classier'. I ditched the bleach blonde hip length hair, for a chocolate brown shoulder length style (I cut and dyed it myself) and decided to invest into some more expensive high street labels. 3 months on: my hair is ombre and I am definitely dressing more like a woman and less like a boy!

New Years Resolutions:

01: DON'T BUY PRESENTS FOR MYSELF! 
After my driving test first time in July, I had no money worrys. The £250 a month I was spending on lessons was no longer needed and I took this as spending money whenever I wanted on whatever I wanted! Buying my own car at the end of November had killed my bank and I am currently living off next to nothing :( No more expensive JC's or other shoes for myself until I find a third job or make some serious money off eBay

02: STOP BUYING THINGS IN THE SALES!
I'm addicted to sales. The second I see "50% off", I'm there, at the checkout, with a basket or handful of things. I end up buying random items which I can't wear with anything other than a pair of jeans or things which are too big or too small. 

03: START DOING OUTFIT POSTS!
After a couple of months of reviving my wardrobe I now have plenty of new outfits. I've made a promise to myself that I'll do two outfits posts by the time I go back to 6th sixthform (which is in like 4/5 days!). So, watch this space..

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a style transformation! Happy New Year xx

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete